Employment and Business Opportunities
Victoria has developed procurement and recruitment policies that reflect our commitment to working with the First Nation of Na-Cho Nyak Dun (NND), communities and local business. Our business procurement and recruitment policies will ensure that our hiring and contracting activities are completed in a comprehensive, consistent, and transparent manner and reflective of commitments defined in the CBA. To help us identify NND and Yukon based business we are working with the NND to develop a human resources and business registries.
NND Human Resources and NND Business Registries
As part of the implementation of the CBA the position of NND Liaison was developed. The NND Liaison will be responsible for the development of the:
- NND Human Resources Registry; and
- NND Business Registry
These two registries will provide Victoria and our contractors with information to help plan local training programs, identify local skill capacity and identify NND Businesses. If you are an NND citizen and are interested in potential employment opportunities at the Eagle Gold Mine site please fill in the NND Human Resource (HR) Survey Form. Download the NND HR Survey Form here
If your company falls under the definition of an NND Business (see the NND Business Registry form for what defines an NND Business) and you would like to be added to the registry please complete the NND Business Registry Form. Download the NND Business Registry Form here
Completed NND HR Survey and NND Business forms should be sent to Natasha Young, NND Liaison via email Natasha.email@example.com, or fax 867-996-2267. If you have any questions with regard to the NND Registries please contact Natasha at 867- 996- 2265.
Please note copies of documentation may be required to confirm that your business is registered in the Yukon or is an NND Business. Failure to provide this documentation may prevent your business from being included in the registries. We will keep your documentation confidential and will use it for verification purposes only.
The Victoria Gold Yukon and NND Business Registries, and the NND Human Resources Registry will be used by Victoria Gold Corp. and our project management consultants for information purposes only. With regard to individuals listed in the NND Human Resources Registry and businesses listed in the Yukon and the NND Business Registries, Victoria Gold Corp. retains the right to make independent decisions in a businesslike manner and in its sole discretion, relating to direct negotiation of contracts, the terms, and conditions in invitations to tender that potential bidders must satisfy (including the qualifications of contractors and suppliers), choice of contractors and suppliers from whom invitation for bids will be sought, selection of successful bids , the terms contained in any contract awarded or negotiated, and the hiring and recruitment of employees.
As part of the Comprehensive Cooperation and Benefits Agreement (CBA), Victoria Gold Corp. (Victoria) and the First Nation of Na-Cho Nyak Dun (NND) have established a scholarship program to support Na-Cho Nyak Dun citizens attending university, college or trades and technical courses full time. The funds may be used for tuition, school supplies and equipment, rent, food, day care and/or transportation costs.
Click for more information
Community Overview & Comprehensive Cooperation and Benefits Agreement (CBA)
The Eagle Gold Project is located 85 km north of the Village of Mayo and within the Traditional Territory of the First Nation of Nacho Nyak Dun. Victoria has worked with community representatives, the First Nation of Nacho Nyak Dun and other interested parties to consult and keep people informed.
Victoria has held various community meetings, workshops, and open houses with the First Nation of Nacho Nyak Dun leadership, staff, and citizens as well as the Village of Mayo leadership and residents, and other interested parties. These sessions provided Eagle Gold Project updates as well as specific presentations on key aspects of the proposed operation. Victoria also publishes the Potato Hills Press newsletter quarterly and continues to meet on a regular basis with the First Nation and the community.
Victoria and the First Nation of Nacho Nyak Dun (FNNND) signed a Comprehensive Cooperation and Benefits Agreement (CBA) on October 17, 2011. The CBA replaced an earlier Exploration Cooperation Agreement, and applies to the proposed Eagle Gold mine development and all exploration activities conducted by Victoria anywhere in FNNND Traditional Territory south of the Werneke mountains which includes all of Victoria's existing mineral exploration properties. The CBA does not apply to any exploration or mining activities on FNNND Settlement Lands or within FNNND Traditional Territory that are north of the Wernecke Mountains, unless FNNND provides its prior consent.
The objectives of the CBA are to:
- Provide certainty for development of the Eagle Gold Project and on-going exploration;
- Provide the FNNND with employment and economic development opportunities while respecting and promoting FNNND's desired environmental protection objectives;
- Establish a process for ongoing communication between Victoria and the FNNND so both parties can identify and pursue contracting and partnering opportunities;
- Provide the FNNND with employment and training opportunities; and
- Provide financial support and profit sharing opportunities that may result from a successful project.
- Following the CBA Victoria and the FNNND entered into a further agreement. On November 20, 2011 Victoria and FNNND signed a Letter of Intent for the purposes of staking FNNND Category B Settlement Lands adjacent to Victoria's Dublin Gulch property, of which the Eagle Gold project is a part of. As Settlement Lands were not part of the CBA the Letter of Intent provided FNNND consent to Victoria to stake the FNNND Category B Lands to the west and south of the Dublin Gulch property. The Letter of Intent also establishes that Victoria and FNNND will negotiate an agreement for the purposes of carrying out exploration on these FNNND Category B Lands. These negotiations are underway.